2017 Rowing Camp
The program lists the scheduled activities, the coaching boats used (tinnies) and nominated coaches. The proram is subject to change.
Parents are invited to come down and assist the coaches, especially with the juniors getting on and off the water.
What to bring/wear
- water bottle
- running shoes
- Marist PE uniform or zootie
- Marist rowing cap
- snacks (for the seniors)
· Please do not have a big breakfast just before 7AM.
· Boys need to be picked up and dropped off between the morning and afternoon session. Please be on time with pick up and drop off as our volunteer coaches have work and other commitments to get to and will depart promptly at the end of the session.
· The sessions will be conducted mostly at Canberra Rowing Club. The sessions highlighted in Yellow in the program start at Lotus Bay. A map showing the drop off location for these sessions is at the following link - drop off location .
· The pick up location is Canberra Rowing Club for all sessions except after the spit roast on Wednesday, 25 January.
· Day 3 (Wednesday, 25 January) we have our standard morning session. The afternoon session starts at 2PM. We will travel by bus to the Cusack’s Farm for our annual Rowing Challenge.
· We will wrap the camp up with a spit roast for rowers and their families at the Cusack's Farm from 6PM with parents taking their boys home at the conclusion. All families are welcome and encouraged to attend. The spit roast is being donated by the Cusack family please BYOG. Arrange to pick up your boy(s) between 6:45PM-7:30PM. The Cusack's Farm is located on Sutton Road between Sutton and Gundaroo, just after Mulligan's Flat Road. The property name is "Bywong". A google map showing directions from CRC to "Bywong" is at the following link.
· If your son has an injury we ask that you encourage him to still come along, but advise the coaches of the injury so they do not undertake activities that may cause further injury. Boys with injuries will be able to assist with the running of activities and for rowing, they can observe from the coaches boat and learn a lot.