Lake Tuggeranong 24 Oct 2020
Tuggeranong Cup Regatta – 24 October 2020
Dear Rowers and Parents,
1. The 2020 Tuggeranong Cup Regatta is being held at Lake Tuggeranong this Saturday 24th October. It is a short regatta and we plan to be finished rowing by around 9:45AM, with pack up of boats complete by 10:30AM.
Please do not read the crew list and assume that if you are not listed then you are not rowing. It is a round robin event so there will be opportunities for other boys not listed to row.
2. This regatta is a different format from other regatta’s in that it is only quad sculls (ie no singles or doubles). Competition is in five categories (Mens, Womens, Mixed, Schoolgirls and Schoolboys) with each category competing against each other in 750m races. This will be in a round robin format with the top point scorers making up the category final. The winners of each category then compete in a handicapped final for the “Tuggeranong Cup”. There is also an ‘Almost Champions’ final for the slowest boats in each category.
3. Some boys are not listed in the crews. The intention is for the non-rowers to observe the running of the regatta to familiarise themselves of the mechanics and logistics involved. Therefore all Marist boys in years 6,7,8 and 9 are to attend the regatta.
The crew list and the boat allocation list the starting crews before rotation / changes. Please do not follow any other crew list (ie the Rowing ACT website) as we have changed some of the crew compositions. Only follow the crew list and the boat allocation accessed via this web page. Please remember what Marist crew number you are in as per the crew list. The crews are listed as Marist College 1 through to Marist College 4.
4. All boys in crews Marist College 1 through to Marist College 4 are to be at Lake Tuggeranong, Rowing Club (LTRC) shed by 7:00AM.(located below the Tuggeranong Library) Please be on time as we have to rig all the boats. We are using LTRC boats for this regatta.
Cox Liam Motherway
Cox Digby Blacker
Cox James Templeton
Oliver Fitje du Preez
Cox Ryan Williams
Any other boy not listed is to be at the Sea Scout Beach at 7:30AM.
5. The race draw details the times you are racing ie each crew is in multiple races.
6. All the boys are to wear correct Marist sporting uniform (not house PE uniform) to and from the regatta and whilst at the regatta. Appropriate uniforms are the Marist zootie, Marist rowing clothing, the school tracksuit or the school light blue polo shirt. All boys are to wear the Marist zootie, Marist white sunshirt (rashie) and only the Marist rowing hat in races - no other attire is allowed. All boys in each crew are to have exactly the same outfit.
7. Please bring a hat, water, sunscreen, food and warm clothing. I am not sure if there will be any food vendors nearby.
8. Details of the round robin system are:
• Crews will compete over three rounds and will accrue points for each race;
• The winners of races 7, 8 and 9 then compete in a handicapped final for the “Tuggeranong Cup”;
• There is also an ‘Almost Champions’ final for the slowest boats in each category.
9. Marist will be launching boats from the beach near the Sea Scout facility on Mortimer Lewis Drive.
All boats are to travel from Sea Scout beach area to start line located at the northern end of the marked 1000m buoy line. Crews may warm up by travelling in an anti-clockwise direction around the 3 islands to the north of the Sea Scout beach, at the north end of the lake. Competitors will be marshalled into race groups at Ngadyung Beach, near to the start line. After the finish (at 750m) boats are to move clear of the following race and return to the Sea Scout beach travelling north on the east side of the lake.
10. There will be no Marist Rowing presentation after the regatta, however there is a combined one for all crews at the Sea Scout Beach.
11. The best spectator locations will be from the Tuggeranong Sea Scout beach.
12. Marist will have rowing merchandise for sale from around 8:00 am. Kelly can assist you with sun shirts and caps for the boys as well as short and long sleeve rugby tops and spray jackets for both boys and parents. The supporter gear is one way we raise funds for the club so we appreciate your purchases. Payment by either cash or bank transfer.
13. The seniors will have a training session at the Marist Rowing Shed from 6-9AM (unless advised otherwise).
14. Parents are welcome to attend being mindful of COVID distancing requirements at the Sea Scout beach. We will need some parent help throughout the morning (setting up the Marist marquee etc) and at the end of the regatta getting boys back from the boat shed to the beach.
If you have any questions then please call or email me or contact your coaches or parent year group coordinators.
Best of luck
0435 125 189