Lake Tuggeranong 25 Nov 2017
1. The Lake Tuggeranong Regatta is being held at Lake Tuggeranong. It is a short regatta and we plan to be finished by around 1PM.
Please do not read the crew list and assume that if you are not listed then you are not rowing. It is a round robin event so there will be opportunties for other boys not listed to row.
2. This regatta is a different format in that it is only quads (ie no singles or doubles) for school boys and girls and it is a round robin format. The event we enter is school boys coxed quad - so all age groups row against each other. This is not ideal but allows the crews to have a few races and enjoy the experience.
3. We are severely restricted by the number of crews we can enter as we only have five coxed quad boats at Lake Burley Griffin and three at Lake Tuggeranong. You will note that the Senior boys and Year 9 eight are not racing as we do not have enough boats.
4. Some boys are not listed in the crews. The intention is to rotate boys through the crews (if coaches believe that they are capable of rowing in a race) therefore all Marist boys are to attend the regatta. The starting crews are listed and the boat allocation will be available on Saturday morning. Please do not follow any other crew list as we have changed some of the crews. Please remember what Marist crew number you are in as per the crew list. The crews are listed as Marist College 1 through to Marist College 8.
5. All boys in crews Marist College 1 through to Marist College 5 are to be at Lake Tuggeranong, Sea Scout Beach, Mortimer Lewis Drive by 6:45AM. Please be on time as we have to rig all the boats.
The Year 6/7 boys in crews Marist College 6, Marist College 7 and Marist College 8 are to be at Lake Tuggeraong Rowing Club at 6:45AM as you will be using boats from Lake Tuggeranong.
6. The race draw details the times you are racing ie each crew is in multiple races.
7. All the boys are to wear correct Marist sporting uniform (not house PE uniform) to and from the regatta and whilst at the regatta. Appropriate uniforms are the Marist zootie, Marist rowing clothing, the school tracksuit or the school light blue polo shirt. All boys are to wear the Marist zootie and only the Marist rowing hat in races - no other attire is allowed.
8. Please bring a hat, water, sunscreen, food and warm clothing as it can be a demanding day in the cold / sun. And don't forget a chair.
9. Details of the round robin system are:
- Crews will compete over three rounds and will accrue points for each race;
- 1st across the line will get 6 points, 2nd will get 5 points, and so on;
- The crew at the end of the third round with the least points in their event will progress to the Almost Champions of Champions handicapped final;
- The highest scoring crews, up to 6 boats, will progress to the final for that event;
- The winners of each final will progress to the Champions of Champions handicapped final and compete for the Tuggeranong Cup.
Some additional information also assists with explaining the event.
10. Boat loading will occur at 6PM - 7PM on Friday night. The Year 9's are designated to load so boys and parents please come down to assist. Unloading will occur on Saturday around 2PM. The Year 8's are designated to unload at CRC.
11. There will be no Marist Rowing presentation after the regatta, however there is a combined one for all crews at the Sea Scout Beach.
12. You can watch the event from numerous places around the lake. Watching from the Sea Scout beach does not give a good view of the course. Weather conditions are perfect for rowing and watching rowing - light winds and sunny - so enjoy the event.
0435 125 189