Lake Tuggeranong 03 Nov 2018
1. The 2018 Tuggeranong Cup Sprints Regatta is being held at Lake Tuggeranong. It is a short regatta and we plan to be finished by around 1PM.
Please do not read the crew list and assume that if you are not listed then you are not rowing. It is a round robin event so there will be opportunities for other boys not listed to row.
2. This regatta is a different format in that it is only quads (ie no singles or doubles) for school boys and girls and it is a round robin format. The event we enter is school boys coxed quad - so all age groups row against each other. This is not ideal but allows the crews to have a few races and enjoy the experience.
3. We are severely restricted by the number of crews we can enter as we only have five coxed quad boats at Lake Burley Griffin and two at Lake Tuggeranong. You will note that the Senior boys are not racing as we do not have enough boats.
4. Some boys are not listed in the crews. The intention is to rotate boys through the crews (if coaches believe that they are capable of rowing in a race) therefore all Marist boys are to attend the regatta unless the below pertains to you. The crew list and the boat allocation list the starting crews before rotation / changes. The coaches will make changes to the crews on Saturday. Please do not follow any other crew list (ie the Rowing ACT website) as we have changed some of the crew compositions. Only follow the crew list and the boat allocation accessed via this web page. Please remember what Marist crew number you are in as per the crew list. The crews are listed as Marist College 1 through to Marist College 7.
5. All boys in crews Marist College 1 through to Marist College 5 are to be at Lake Tuggeranong, Sea Scout Beach, Mortimer Lewis Drive by 6:45AM. Please be on time as we have to rig all the boats.
The Year 6/7 boys in crews Marist College 6 and Marist College 7 are to be at Lake Tuggeranong Rowing Club at 6:45AM as you will be using boats from Lake Tuggeranong.
Any other boy not listed is to be at the Sea Scout Beach at 6:45AM.
6. The race draw details the times you are racing ie each crew is in multiple races.
7. All the boys are to wear correct Marist sporting uniform (not house PE uniform) to and from the regatta and whilst at the regatta. Appropriate uniforms are the Marist zootie, Marist rowing clothing, the school tracksuit or the school light blue polo shirt. All boys are to wear the Marist zootie, Marist white sunshirt (rashie) and only the Marist rowing hat in races - no other attire is allowed. All boys in each crew are to have exactly the same outfit.
8. Please bring a hat, water, sunscreen, food and warm clothing as it can be a demanding day in the cold / sun. And don't forget a chair.
9. Details of the round robin system are:
- Crews will compete over three rounds and will accrue points for each race;
- 1st across the line will get 6 points, 2nd will get 5 points, and so on;
- The crew at the end of the third round with the least points in their event will progress to the Almost Champions of Champions handicapped final;
- The highest scoring crews, up to 6 boats, will progress to the final for that event;
- The winners of each final will progress to the Champions of Champions handicapped final and compete for the Tuggeranong Cup.
Some additional information also assists with explaining the event.
10. Boat loading will occur at 6PM - 7PM on Friday night at the Marist shed, Yarralumla Bay. The following Year 9's and parents are designated to load - Newham, Mudge, Goodwin, Hart, Jensen.
11. Unloading will occur on Saturday around 2PM. The following Year 9's and parents are designated to unload at Marist - Ellwood, Ellwood, Callaughan, Griffin, Seymour.
12. There will be no Marist Rowing presentation after the regatta, however there is a combined one for all crews at the Sea Scout Beach.
13. You can watch the event from numerous places around the lake. Watching from the Sea Scout beach does not give a good view of the course. Weather conditions are perfect for rowing and watching rowing - light winds and sunny - so enjoy the event.
14. Marist will be having a BBQ - so please assist and also support the club by buying some food and drinks.
15. The seniors will have a training session at the Marist sheds from 7-9AM (unless advised otherwise). Some of the Year 8's as advised by your coaches are also training at the Marist sheds. These trainings are in lieu of attending the regatta.
16. We still need someone with a ute or 4 wheel drive to tow the boats from the Marist shed to Tuggeranong and back again. If you can assist then please contact Simon on Friday.
0435 125 189