Lake Burley Griffin 08 Dec 2018
Dear Rowers and Parents,
Our last regata for 2018 and a well earned break. All boys are required to attend the regatta for the duration of the regatta - whether you are rowing or not.
The following information highlights what is occurring for the regatta this Saturday.
1. The full program of events ie all races and crews can be found on the Rowing ACT website. There are sometimes changes to this program and therefore it is important that you only use the Marist entries spreadsheet to determine when you are racing. Coxswains have been nominated - so please check the spreadsheet in case you are coxing. Please check the boat allocation details (ie where to pick and drop off your boats). See the Marist entries spreadsheet ie the right column. Please check the key at the bottom as the colour indicates where to pick the boat up from / drop it off.
2. The boys rowing in races 3 and 4 are to be at the Marist Shed 80 minutes before their race start unless advised by their coach of different arrangements. Please don't be late.
3. All other boys are to go to Weston Park ie the end of Pescott Lane (near the mini train) ("The Fort Thing" on the goo=gle map) by 0745 to watch the first race with a Marist entry. Marist will be boating out of Weston Park, using the pontoons. However, some boats will need to be picked up at the Marist Shed. Weston Park provides the best spot for viewing the races and getting an idea of what occurs at a regatta. A map of the area is at: http://goo.gl/maps/IfB0o
4. All the regattas are mandatory events for all those in the club whether you are rowing or not rowing - this is as per the Season Calendar. It is expected that all boys are in attendance from the first race right up until all the boats and equipment are packed away and we have our medal presentation back at the Marist Shed. All the boys are required to support their fellow rowers and use the day to observe what occurs as it does get very hectic as the season goes on and there is no time for delays or confusion - races start on time whether we are at the start or not.
5. Medals are awarded for first, second and third place and are not to be collected by the boys or parents during the regatta. A MCCRC representative will collect all the medals awarded to Marist at the end of the regatta and these will be presented back at CRC. The medal presentation will be held at the Marist Shed at 1:40 PM.
6. All the boys are to wear correct Marist sporting uniform (not house PE uniform) to and from the regatta and whilst at the regatta. Appropriate uniforms are the Marist zootie, Marist rowing clothing, white rowing sunshirt, the school tracksuit or the school light blue polo shirt. All boys are to wear the Marist zootie, white rowing sunshirt and only the Marist rowing hat in races - no other attire is allowed. All boys in the same crew are to have identical uniforms.
7. Please bring a hat, water, sunscreen, food and warm clothing as it can be a demanding day in the cold / sun. And don't forget a chair.
8. Marist rowing merchandise may be on sale for those interested in purchasing shirts, hats etc. The zootie is available from the school clothing shop.
9. The reverse traffic flow on the lake will be in operation for this regatta. The following link details what this means. If in doubt please ask a coach to explain it to you. http://www.rowingact.org.au/files/Lake%20Burley%20Griffin%20Reverse%20Traffic%20Flow%20Procedure.pdf
10. All the boys are to come to the regatta with their race time, race number and lane number written on their arm in permanent marker - this is to avoid confusion throughout the day and removes the need to constantly ask "when is my race ?".
11. For the new boys and parents please take the time to welcome them and explain to them what occurs on regatta day.
12. The boat allocation will be available at the Marist Shed and Weston Park. It is important that everyone takes the time to understand the boat allocation as it is essential that it is followed to ensure Marist crews do not miss races. If in any doubt please ask.
13. If you need a ride between the Marist Shed and Weston Park or vice a versa please ask a parent to drop you over.
14. Live results are available for ACT regattas at the following site http://rowingact.org.au/s/index.htm
15. This regatta we will be having a bbq. The bbq helps with the boys/families having food but is an important fund raiser, so please support our bbq.
16. You may not be aware but the club is run solely by the parents and without your support we cannot provide the program for the boys – so please assist – anything and all is welcome.
17. Parents - please pass this email to your sons or discuss it with them as they need to know where they need to be.
The weather forecast is for temperatures in the mid to high 20's, with some haze and light winds increasing during the day - so perfect for rowing.
See you on Saturday for the last regatta of 2018. Good luck to everyone.
If you have any questions then please call or email me or contact your coaches or parent year group coordinators.
0435 125 189