Lake Burley Griffin 25 Feb 2017
1. The Marist Entries are in the spreadsheet. Coxswains have been nominated - so please check the spreadsheet in case you are coxing.
2. The boys rowing in races 2-7 are to be at Canberra Rowing Club at 6:30AM.
The boys rowing in races 13-18 are to be at Canberra Rowing Club at 7:00AM.
The boys rowing in races 25-30 are to be at Canberra Rowing Club at 7:30AM.
3. All other boys are to go to Weston Park ie the end of Pescott Lane (near the mini train) ("The Fort Thing" on the goo=gle map) by 7:35AM to watch the first race with a Marist entry. Marist will be boating out of Weston Park. However, some boats will need to be picked up at CRC. Weston Park provides the best spot for viewing the races and getting an idea of what occurs at a regatta. A map the area is at: http://goo.gl/maps/IfB0o
4. All the regattas are mandatory events for all those in the club whether you are rowing or not rowing - this is as per the Season Calendar. It is expected that all boys are in attendance from the first race right up until all the boats and equipment are packed away and we have our medal presentation back at CRC. All the boys are required to support their fellow rowers and use the day to observe what occurs as it does get very hectic as the season goes on and there is no time for delays or confusion - races start on time whether we are at the start or not.
5. Medals are awarded for first, second and third place and are not to be collected by the boys or parents during the regatta. A MCCRC representative will collect all the medals awarded to Marist at the end of the regatta and these will be presented back at CRC. The medal presentation will be held at 3:30PM at CRC. The whole club is required to attend.
6. All the boys are to wear correct Marist sporting uniform to and from the regatta and whilst at the regatta. Appropriate uniforms are the Marist zootie, Marist rowing clothing, the school tracksuit or the school light blue polo shirt. All boys are to wear the Marist zootie and only the Marist rowing hat in races - no other attire is allowed.
7. Please bring a hat, water, sunscreen, food and warm clothing as it can be a demanding day in the cold / sun. And don't forget a chair.
8. Marist rowing merchandise will be on sale for those interested in purchasing shirts, hats (if they have arrived) etc. New stock has arrived as well as the rash / sunsmart long sleeve top which will be mandatory for all boys up to and including Year 10. The cost is $40.
9. The reverse traffic flow on the lake will be in operation for this regatta. The following link details what this means. If in doubt please ask a coach to explain it to you. http://www.rowingact.org.au/files/Lake%20Burley%20Griffin%20Reverse%20Traffic%20Flow%20Procedure.pdf
10. All the boys are to come to the regatta with their race time, race number and lane number written on their arm in permanent marker - this is to avoid confusion throughout the day and removes the need to constantly ask "when is my race ?".
11. The Boat Allocations will be available at CRC and Weston Park and published on the website when available.
12. If you need a ride between CRC and Weston Park - please ask a parent. We utilise parent volunteers - so please assist.
13. Live results are available for ACT regattas at the following site http://regattas.rowingact.org.au/?live=3616
14. As is always the case we run a bbq at the regatta – this helps with the boys/families having a feed but is an important fund raiser.
15. Parents - please pass this email to your sons or discuss it with them.
The weather forecast is for some cloud, warm 20 deg C and a gentle breeze increasing - so perfect for rowing.