Lake Burley Griffin 10 Dec 2016
1. The Marist Entries are in the spreadsheet. The actual crews and event times are as per the spreadsheet. Please do not go off the Rowing ACT website or boat allocation with respect to entries. The only thing the boat allocation shows is which boat you will be using. So please only follow the spreadsheet for crews. Coxswains have been nominated - so please check the spreadsheet in case you are coxing.
All boys in races 1-10 are to be at CRC 75 minutes before your race time to pick up boat.
All other boys are to be at Weston Park at 0730 to watch and support the first large contingent of Marist boys race. Some boys in races 16-25 will need to go back to CRC to pick up boats.
2. The boat allocation is also available at CRC and Weston Park.
3. Marist will be boating out of Weston Park. However, some boats will need to be picked up at CRC - please take note. We have a lot of boys rowing - so we need everyone to know where to be. If you do not know then please ask at least 1 hour before your race.
4. All the regattas are mandatory events for all those in the club whether you are rowing or not rowing - this is as per the Season Calendar. It is expected that all boys are in attendance from the first race right up until all the boats and equipment are packed away. We already have vacancies to fill so boys will get allocated to fill these - so please be available and arrive as per the above tmes.
5. Medals are awarded for first, second and third place and are not to be collected by the boys or parents during the regatta. A MCCRC representative will collect all the medals awarded to Marist at the end of the regatta and these will be presented at the Christmas function at Weston Park.
6. All the boys are to wear correct Marist sporting uniform to and from the regatta and whilst at the regatta. Appropriate uniforms are the Marist zootie, Marist rowing clothing, the school tracksuit or the school light blue polo shirt. All boys are to wear the Marist zootie and only the Marist rowing hat in races - no other attire is allowed.
7. Please bring a hat, water, sunscreen, food and warm clothing as it can be a demanding day in the cold / sun. And don't forget a chair.
8. Marist rowing merchandise should be on sale for those interested in purchasing shirts, hats (if they have arrived) etc.
9. The reverse traffic flow on the lake will be in operation for this regatta. The following link details what this means. If in doubt please ask a coach to explain it to you. http://www.rowingact.org.au/files/Lake%20Burley%20Griffin%20Reverse%20Traffic%20Flow%20Procedure.pdf
10. All the boys are to come to the regatta with their race time, race number and lane number written on their arm in permanent marker - this is to avoid confusion throughout the day and removes the need to constantly ask "when is my race ?".
11. If you need a ride between CRC and Weston Park - please ask a parent. We utilise parent volunteers - so please assist.
12. Live results are available for ACT regattas at the following site http://rowingact.org.au/s/index.htm
13. As is always the case we run a bbq at the regatta. The bbq will be run in the morning and then stop but recommence for our Christmas function. People attending should have already RSVP. The following is a reminder about the Christmas function.
The Marist Rowing Club will be hosting it's annual Christmas BBQ for all rowers & their families this coming Saturday, 10 December 2016 starting at approximately 1.30pm. Details are as follows:
Where: Weston Park, Yarralumla
When: Saturday, 10 December 2016 at approx. 1.30pm (after the regatta, medal presentation will be held at Weston Park as well)
What will be provided: MCCRC will be providing BBQ with sausages, steaks, bread, soft drink, wine and beer.
What to bring: Please bring a salad, finger-food or dessert to share. Don't forget a blanket or chair.
14. Our last Marist race is at 12:42PM but most of the boys will be finished and the sheds and boats packed up. The boys finishing their races will come over and join the Christmas function once packed up.
15. Parents - please pass this email to your sons or discuss it with them.
16. Weather forecast is for very warm conditions with some cloud cover and very light winds - perfect for rowing.
Good luck to everyone - remember this is our last regatta for 2016 - so give it your best shot. We look forward to seeing as many boys, parents and family members at the Christmas function.
If you have any questions then please call or email me or contact your coaches or the Committee.
0435 125 189