Lake Burley Griffin 04 Feb 2017
1. The actual crews and event times are as per the spreadsheet - the only thing the boat allocation shows is which boat you will be using. Please only follow the spreadsheet for crews. Coxswains have been nominated - so please check the spreadsheet in case you are coxing.
All boys in races 5-8 are to be at CRC at 6:30AM
All boys in races 14-16 are to be at CRC at 7:20AM
All other boys to Weston Park by 8:40AM
2. All boys please check the Boat Allocation and boating locations as usual.
3. All boys not starting from CRC as listed above are to go to Weston Park ie the end of Pescott Lane (near the mini train) ("The Fort Thing" on the goo=gle map) by 8:40AM to watch the Marist novice doubles. Marist will be boating out of Weston Park. However, some boats will need to be picked up at CRC. Weston Park provides the best spot for viewing the races and getting an idea of what occurs at a regatta. A map the area is at: http://goo.gl/maps/IfB0o
4. All the regattas are mandatory events for all those in the club whether you are rowing or not rowing - this is as per the Season Calendar. It is expected that all boys are in attendance from the nominated time up until all the boats and equipment are packed away and we have our medal presentation back at CRC.
5. Medals are awarded for first, second and third place and are not to be collected by the boys or parents during the regatta. A MCCRC representative will collect all the medals awarded to Marist at the end of the regatta and these will be presented back at CRC. The medal presentation will be held at CRC at approximately 4:15PM after the regatta. The whole club is required to attend.
6. All the boys are to wear correct Marist sporting uniform to and from the regatta and whilst at the regatta. Appropriate uniforms are the Marist zootie, Marist rowing clothing, the school tracksuit or the school light blue polo shirt. All boys are to wear the Marist zootie and only the Marist rowing hat in races - no other attire is allowed.
7. Please bring a hat, water, sunscreen, food as it will be a demanding day in the sun. And don't forget a chair.
8. Marist rowing merchandise will be on sale for those interested in purchasing shirts, hats (if they have arrived) etc.
9. The reverse traffic flow on the lake will be in operation for this regatta. The following link details what this means. If in doubt please ask a coach to explain it to you. http://www.rowingact.org.au/files/Lake%20Burley%20Griffin%20Reverse%20Traffic%20Flow%20Procedure.pdf
10. All the boys are to come to the regatta with their race time, race number and lane number written on their arm in permanent marker - this is to avoid confusion throughout the day and removes the need to constantly ask "when is my race ?".
11. If you don't understand the spreadsheet of entries or boat allocation then please ask one of the coaches or other rowers.
12. The Boat Allocations will be available at CRC and Weston Park.
13. If you need a ride between CRC and Weston Park - please ask a parent. We utilise parent volunteers - so please assist.
14. Live results are available for ACT regattas at the following site http://regattas.rowingact.org.au/?live=3615
15. As is always the case we run a bbq at the regatta – this helps with the boys/families having some food but is an important fund raiser, it would be appreciated if parents would make themselves available to help on the BBQ.
16. Parents - please pass this email to your sons or discuss it with them.
The weather forecast is for partly cloudy conditions with temperatures in the low 30's - so perfect for rowing. It will howver, be very hot, so please start to hydrate from Friday morning onwards.
Good luck to everyone as we head towards the final few regattas of the season.
0435 125 189