Lake Burley Griffin 28 Jan 2017
1. The crew list and boat allocation is available. It is also only schools participating and not clubs. Therefore it will be a lot smaller than previous regattas - which means it will be a quick regatta.
Race 1 crews be at CRC by 6:40AM
Race 2 - 4 crews be at CRC by 6:50AM
Race 8 crews be at CRC by 7:15AM
Race 11 - 15 crews be at CRC by 7:30AM
3. All other boys are to be at Weston Park by 8AM.
4. This regatta is a slighly different format. It is year based not competency based. All races are 1000m and the finish line is directly in front of where Marist boat from at Weston Park.
5. A medal presentation will be held at CRC at approximately 12:30PM after the regatta. The whole club is required to attend.
6. All the boys are to wear correct Marist sporting uniform to and from the regatta and whilst at the regatta. Appropriate uniforms are the Marist zootie, Marist rowing clothing, the school tracksuit or the school light blue polo shirt. All boys are to wear the Marist zootie and only the Marist rowing hat in races - no other attire is allowed.
7. Please bring a hat, water, sunscreen, food and warm clothing as it can be a demanding day in the cold / sun. And don't forget a chair.
8. The reverse traffic flow on the lake will be in operation for this regatta. The following link details what this means. If in doubt please ask a coach to explain it to you. http://www.rowingact.org.au/files/Lake%20Burley%20Griffin%20Reverse%20Traffic%20Flow%20Procedure.pdf
9. There will be a BBQ - so please support the club with assiting and purchasing food.
10. Our seniors are in mixed quads with Canberra Girls Grammar School rowers. Please make the girls feel welcome.
11. Parents - please pass this email to your sons or discuss it with them.
The weather forecast is for light winds (max 29 deg) so perfect for rowing.
Enjoy the rowing tomorrow - a nice short regatta.
0435 125 189