Lake Burley Griffin 02 Mar 2019
1. Our final regatta in the ACT for the season.
2. It is a schools only regatta. The Year 8, 9 and 10 quad events are run as heats and finals and each crew gets to race in a final. We are restricted on the number of double and single entries per year group and these events are a straight division final.
3. Medals will be awarded for each final. The intention is that medals will be presented after each final, so please be aware of this and go over to the presentation area near the ACT Rowing tent. Please acquaint yourself with the scheduled medal presentation times which has been provided by ACT Rowing. See the right hand column.
4. We will be boating out of Weston Park with the first boats departing as usual from Marist.
5. Boys in Races 3 and 4 need to be at the Marist shed at 6:15AM. All other boys are to be at Weston Park by 7:40AM.
7. The boat allocation is the last column in the crew spreadsheet. Please take note of where you are picking up and returning your boat. We will keep most of the boats at Weston Park for the day as medals are being presented at Weston Park for most finals shortly after the race.
8. The normal finish line will be used.
9. There is no weigh in required for coxswains for this regatta.
10. The intention is that all schools will boat from Weston Park and there are a number of visiting schools - so it will be busy at Weston Park.
11. The Principals of all the Canberra schools will be attending the regatta and presenting some of the trophies. The Marist headmaster and other school representatives will be in attendance so parents and boys please make them feel welcome and chat to them.
12. This is a schools regatta and as such the schools and parents are assisting with the running of the regatta. Thank you to those parents for assisting.
13. We will have our Marist BBQ run by Stella and Anthony (thank you as always for your generosity) - so please help out if you can. There will be a lot of hungry people with more schools than usual attending.
14. There will be live streaming of the regatta available on YouTube. This streaming is through Canberra Grammar School and sponsored by group accommodation providers Canberra Park. You can find the feed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okHLQWE3v_E. There will also be a big screen at Weston Park showing the live feed.
15. Weather forecast is for sunny conditions, up to 26 deg C and light NE winds - perfect for rowing.
Enjoy the last ACT regatta for the season, only School Boy Head of the River to go.
See you on Saturday.